HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES
Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of Andrews Construction to promote high standards of health, safety and welfare that comply with the provisions and requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations as well as all other statutory provisions and Codes of Practice.
We are committed to prevention of injury and ill health to the safety of our staff and we are committed to ensuring the safety of visitors, clients and contractors on our various sites / workplaces under our control as a Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage. It is the policy of management at Andrews Construction Limited:
- To ensure that all employees realise that they have a responsibility to co-operate with Management, in order to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others.
- To consult with all staff and employees on matters of health and safety.
- To co-operate with, and seek the co-operation of, clients, main contractors, sub-contractors and enforcing authorities, to ensure work is carried out in a safe manner.
- To review the contents of this Safety Statement as changes occur in this operation and periodically, to ensure this document is relevant.
- To bring the contents of the Safety Statement to all employees attention, at least annually, by providing them with access to the document.
- To provide sufficient resources for the implementation of this policy and to seek competent advice if required.
- To work in accordance with any Joint Safety Agreements, approved by the Health and Safety Authority, in relation to the construction industry.
- To provide health surveillance where a need is identified by a risk assessment or where prescribed by law.
- To source materials that complies with the appropriate safety standards.
The directors of Andrews Construction have planned and established measurable objectives and targets based on the Health and Safety Policy. These objectives are regularly reviewed and measured to ensure they reflect the activities of the company. Management also strive to build on the health and safety management system we have achieved through a process of continuous improvement.
Dated: 1st March 2010
It is the policy of Andrews Construction Limited to minimise its effects on the environment, through its activities, as far as is reasonably practicable. Andrews Construction Limited’s environmental policy will be intrinsically linked to our Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, Waste Management, and Purchasing policies.
It is our promise to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and best management practices. Our activities will be continuously monitored and upgraded in line with our policy and external influencing factors such as environmental legislation, changes in technology, and market pressures. It is the company’s policy which is both backed and spear headed by the company’s directors and management to improve our environmental performance, enhance our legislative compliance, prevent pollution and conserve natural resources at all times. Andrews Construction Limit will minimise adverse environmental impacts of the services we deliver by using the best available techniques. We will ensure that all subcontractors, suppliers and agencies working on our behalf will comply with, and up hold, the environmental standards that we have set.
We will make available all necessary information and training to both our employees (and the public where appropriate) to help implement this policy and to raise awareness of the potential environmental consequences of our activities.
Andrews Construction is committed to the concept of social responsibility, work shall continue in developing and building partnerships with the relevant local authorities, regulators, our clients and local resident groups. When requested will produce all information available, regarding any of our projects or activities. A risk assessment will be carried out on an environmental basis to establish any potential environmental hazards, to aid the preparation if necessary of any preventative and protective procedures.
The directors of Andrews Construction have planned and established measurable objectives and targets based on the Environmental Policy for the ongoing development of the company and its clients. These objectives are regularly reviewed and measured by management.
Management strive to build on the environmental management system we have achieved through a process of continuous improvement and also undertakes to review annually the environmental policy and consider the need for any amendments in the light of changing circumstances.
Dated: 1st March 2010
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
We operate an integrated Quality Management System, certified to the highest internationally recognised standards, combining Quality Management (ISO 9001:2008 certified), Quality Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001:2007 certified), and Quality Environmental (ISO 14001:2004 certified), thereby giving our Clients the peace of mind that we will deliver a quality end product, through a recognised, systematic and audited process.